Mobile coupons are basically electronic offers that can be searched for online and used to redeem discounts on products or services. Unlike regular coupons, which require newspapers or magazines to clip out, mobile coupons can be accessed directly from a smartphone. In fact, mobile coupons are more widely used than print coupons.
Types of Offers
There are many different offers that users can acquire using mobile coupons including:
- Buy-One-Get-One-Free Offers
- Free One-Time Services
- Free Products
- 10% of Purchases Over $50
- Universal Coupons
Mobile coupons come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. They generally provide consumers with high-value offers which can be redeemed in participating locations over an extended period of time.
QR codes are another marketing technique that can be used to acquire more customers. “QR Code” is a 2D barcode that is encoded with important information regarding a company or service. They can only be scanned using specialized apps which are only downloadable on smartphones and other mobile devices. Information provided on QR codes usually includes some form of promotional material.
Popular Types of QR Code
- URL: Some codes are integrated with URLs that will automatically open up once scanned.
- Email Address: For small business owners, this can be a great way to integrate their QR code into an email marketing campaign.
- Telephone Number: This type of QR code works that same as the one above. The only difference is that it captures the user’s telephone number. With some codes, a phone number will automatically be dialed on the customer’s phone once it is scanned.
- Contact Information: When scanning this type of QR code, contact information for a company will be provided to the user. In some cases, it will be displayed instantaneously and in other cases it will be sent to their email.